top of page
save your clothes, time, electricity & money
Washing Machine Basics
- Keep washing machine door open when not in use to help let out moisture and to minimize mold buildup
- Clean washing machine regularly to keep down bad smells and your washing machine won’t be able to do its job efficiently if it’s not clean itself! Set the washing machine to a hot cycle and add a cup of white vinegar to sanitize the machine and help remove smells
- Please do not overload washing machine. Overloading the washing machine will not wash items effectively, can create a high strain environment and cause damage to the washing machine itself. If overloaded, the machine will use and waste electricity.
- One of the most important things when using the dryer is to clean lint trap regulary. It is good practice to do this before starting every load.
- Overloading the dryer will not dry items effectively, can create a high strain environment and cause damage and possibly start a fire. If overloaded, the machine will use and waste electricity. Please do not overload dryer.
- Like for a stove/oven turned on, it is good practice to never leave home with a dryer drying. Wait to leave home when the dryer is finished or after done using the stove/oven.
bottom of page